Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Glory


So…

I’m tryina figure out
Why and how
I like the way
You do that lil thang
With your mouth..
The way you
Turn the corners upward
So gently
Yet, persuasively exerting
My soul to display happiness.
How do you do that?!
I don’t even think you mean to
You
Just sweetly close your eyes
Let your head fall back
As your body succumbs
To the relaxation
Of the conversation
We’re engaged in.
And no matter how well-prepared I am,
Nothing can ever be suitable enough
To shield my heart from the flames
That explode
When the sides of your cheeks implode
And your top lip runs away
From the bottom one.
You know, I’ve always thought the sun
To dynamically blaze
In shades of red, orange and yellow
But, mannnnn,
The cocaine-white rays that you expose
Put that ball of fire to shame.
See, It’s invisible
When positioned next to you.
And, yeah, I’m well-aware that you shine bright
As an individual,
But once your smile has graced my thoughts,
Nothing is more residual.

So, smile for me.

-phenomenalwoman original.

1 comment:

Amative Minded said...

I love this with all my heart!!!!